Smartwatches are one of the most popular gadgets these days, but they were once considered to be luxury items that only the elite could afford. These days, smartwatches are available in all price ranges – even as low as around Rs 1,000. While brands like Apple and Samsung are still offering feature-rich smartwatches, budget smartwatches too are offering a host of features.
But there are certain factors that one should consider while buying a smartwatch: Check the list below:
1. Display: Users now have a lot of options in the segment of wearable devices. One thing that people should keep in mind is the display of the smartwatch. Even if you are going for a budget smartwatch try to get an AMOLED display as it is considered better than LCD ones.
2. Wear OS or iOS: While most watches nowadays are compatible with both Wear OS and iOS, some high-end models still do not support the other operating system. So it is better to know about it in advance. If you are using an iPhone, Apple Watch could be a better option for you. If you are an Android user, go for Wear OS.
3. Modes and fitness tracking: One of the most important reasons behind buying a smartwatch is to track how active you are. From your steps count to how many calories you burnt, they should track each and everything. Even more, wearables are now monitoring heart rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure as well. So it is important to check what all options your smartwatch has.
Also, look for a smartwatch that provides and tracks maximum active modes so that you can closely monitor the calories you are burning.
4. Battery life: Charging your smartwatch quite often can be a daunting task. Therefore, always buy a smartwatch that can last for at least two days with all the features in use and five to seven days with basic usage. Also, fast charging would be the icing on the cake.
5. IP rating: Most smartwatch users are sports enthusiasts and therefore it is important to make sure that your smartwatch can survive in every situation with ease. While there are various IP ratings that you can select according to your requirement, going for an IP68 rating means you need not worry about your smartwatch as it would be safe even if you are wearing it while swimming.